Tizen 2.0 Magnolia is now out of Alpha and its official release is now out! Ubuntu 32/62-bit, Windows 32/64-bit, and Mac OS X versions of the SDK and Source Code are now available for download.
Some of the impressive enhancements of the release include:
- Enhanced Web framework that provides state-of-the-art HTML5/W3C API support
- Web UI framework, including full-screen and multi-window support
- Additional Tizen device APIs, such as Bluetooth and NFC support, and access to the device’s calendar, call history, and messaging subsystems
- Web Runtime framework supporting new configuration elements for specifying the required features and privileges, and providing the basic runtime environment for NPRuntime plugins
- Native framework supporting full-featured application development and providing a variety of features such as background applications, IP Push, and TTS (Text-To-Speech)
- Core and native reference applications including Calendar, Contacts, Gallery, Phone, Settings, and Video Player
- Native IDE providing a project wizard, WYSIWYG design environment, unit test tool, and dynamic analyzer
The release of Tizen 2.0 Magnolia is just in time for the Tizen Developer Conference in San Francisco from May 22 to 24.
Check out the full list of changes in the release notes.
Links: Download | Official announcement